There But for the Grace of Grace
|Episode #|| ||43 (2.21)|
|Season #|| ||2|
|Original Airdate|| ||5/9/2000|
|Writer|| ||Michelle Bochner Spitz|
|Producers|| ||David Kohan & Max Mutchnick and James Burrows|
|Director|| ||James Burrows|
It's a scary glimpse into the future for Will and Grace when they visit their curmudgeonly retired college professor only to discover that he is a bitter old man that has a "Grace" of his own. Meanwhile, Karen must confront her most mortal enemy -- the kitchen -- when Stan requests a homecooked meal for his birthday, and she looks to Jack and Ben to come to her rescue.
- Eric McCormack (Will Truman)
- Debra Messing (Grace Adler)
- Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland)
- Megan Mullally (Karen Walker)
- Gregory Hines (Ben Doucette)
- Orson Bean (Joseph Dudley)
- Piper Laurie (Sharon Timmers)
- Episode information courtesy of Lindalu!
- Gregory Hines is a professional tap dancer and we get to see a bit of him in action in this episode.
- Visit episode writer Michelle Spitz's web site at http://www.michellespitz.homestead.com.
- A scene was taped with a character that represented Joseph and Sharon's "Jack". The character was recast multiple times and the scene was eventually cut because of troubles with the actor.
Airdates & Ratings
- 05/09/2000 09:00 PM: 09.6/14% #30 *Highest rated NBC show of the evening
- 08/24/2000 09:00 PM: 08.2/13% #43