Star Trek: The Next Generation
“Face of the Enemy”
|Episode Number||140 (6.14)|
The Romulan underground kidnaps, surgically alters, and coerces Deanna Troi into impersonating a Romulan Tal Shiar officer in a scheme to enable three members of the Romulan Senate — Vice-Proconsul M'Ret and two of his aides — to defect to the Federation.Guest Cast
Carolyn Seymour (Commander Toreth)
Scott MacDonald (Subcommander N'Vek)
Barry Lynch (Ensign Stefan DeSeve)
Robertson Dean (Khazara helm officer)
Dennis Cockrum (Corvallen Freighter Captain)
Pamela Winslow (Ensign McKnight)
- Deanna Troi finally gets a piece of the action in one of the sixth season's highest rated episodes.
- Troi wakes up aboard the Imperial Romulan Warbird Khazara. Troi is impersonating Major Rakal of the Tal Shiar, the Romulan intelligence agency.
- M'Ret and his aides are part of Ambassador Spock's dissident movement (see "Unification, Part I" and "Unification, Part II").
- Scott MacDonald also played Tosk in the DS9 episode "Captive Pursuit" and Ensign Rollins in the Voyager premiere "Caretaker".
- Deanna's time spent on the warbird will come in handy later this year in the episode "Timescape".
- Lt. Worf gets a ponytail in this episode (a $5000 wig made of hair sold by Russian children!).