Star Trek: The Next Generation
“Unification, Part II”
|Episode Number||108 (5.08)|
|Story||Rick Berman & Michael Piller|
After locating Spock on Romulus and discovering his plans for unifying the Romulans and the Vulcans, Picard and Data uncover a covert Romulan plot that does not call for unification — but for invasion.Guest Cast
Leonard Nimoy (Ambassador Spock)
Denise Crosby (Commander Sela)
Malachi Throne (Senator Pardek)
Stephen D. Root (Captain K'Vada)
- This episode was dedicated to Gene Roddenberry, 1921-1991.
- Romulan Commander Sela was last seen in "Redemption, Part II".
- Sarek dies, and Picard offers Spock an opportunity to feel his thoughts in a Vulcan mind meld.
- To accommodate Leonard Nimoy's schedule, Part II was filmed before Part I as the bulk of his appearance is in Part II.
- The Romulans obtained the Vulcan ship T'Pau, and two others, to serve as their "peace envoy" — but they were actually carrying Romulan troops. After the invasion force is uncovered, a Romulan warbird destroys the ships — and the troops.
- Spock stays on Romulus to continue working with the underground movement. A Romulan senator will defect in the 6th season episode "Face of the Enemy".