Star Trek: The Next Generation
|Episode Number||106 (5.06)|
|Teleplay||Susan Sackett & Fred Bronson and Brannon Braga|
Riker returns from Risa with an addictive mind-game as Wesley arrives from Starfleet Academy to visit the crew. The game soon takes over the entire crew, and it's up to Wesley and his new friend, Ensign Robin Lefler, to discover the danger and work to defeat it.Guest Cast
Wil Wheaton (Cadet Wesley Crusher)
Ashley Judd (Ensign Robin Lefler)
Katherine Moffat (Etana Jol)
Colm Meaney (Lt. Miles O'Brien)
Patti Yasutake (Nurse Alyssa Ogawa)
Diane M. Hurley (Woman)
- This was the first episode to air after the death of Gene Roddenberry.
- This is Wil Wheaton's first appearance since he departed the series in Season 4's "Final Mission". He will appear again this season in "The First Duty".
- The Enterprise is en-route to survey the Phoenix Cluster. They have picked up five science teams from the U.S.S. Zhukov.
- Dr. Crusher disables Data by severing his positronic brain from his body. Wesley states that only his mother and La Forge know enough about Data to do this.
- Ensign Lefler was introduced in the episode "Darmok". She annoyingly spouts off her personal laws throughout the episode, such as "Law 46: Life isn't always fair" and "don't forget Law 91: Always watch your back."
- Etana Jol is Ktarian. She created the game as a way to take control of the Enterprise.