Star Trek: The Next Generation
|Episode Number||95 (4.21)|
After a Klingon exchange scientist admits to spying, retired Admiral Satie accuses an innocent crewman, Simon Tarses — and then Picard — of treason against the United Federation of Planets.Guest Cast
Jean Simmons (Admiral Norah Satie)
Bruce French (Sabin Genestra)
Spencer Garrett (Crewman Simon Tarses)
Henry Woronicz (Lieutenant J'Ddan)
Earl Billings (Admiral Thomas Henry)
Ann Shea (Nellen Tore)
- This episode was originally intended to be a low-budget "flashback" episode.
- Admiral Satie accuses Picard of consorting with the Romulans and states that he has violated the Prime Directive 9 times since taking command of the Enterprise.
- Med Tech Simon Tarses' paternal grandfather was a Romulan, not a Vulcan as he stated on his application.
- The faulty hatch on the dilithium chamber was installed while the Enterprise was docked for repairs during the episode "Family".
- The Enterprise transported the Romulan spy in the episode "Data's Day".
- Satie directly contributes the destruction at Wolf 359 to Picard. 39 starships destroyed and nearly 11,000 lives lost ("The Best of Both Worlds, Part II"). This sentiment is echoed by Benjamin Sisko in the Deep Space Nine pilot episode "Emissary".