Star Trek: The Next Generation
|Episode Number||85 (4.11)|
|Teleplay||Harold Apter and Ronald D. Moore|
Data narrates a day's activities in which he tries to understand various human reactions. Chief Miles O'Brien marries Keiko. Dr. Crusher teaches Data to dance. Meanwhile, Vulcan Ambassador T'Pel takes the Enterprise to the Neutral Zone.Guest Cast
Rosalind Chao (Keiko Ishikawa)
Colm Meaney (Lt. Miles O'Brien)
Sierra Pecheur (Ambassador T'Pel/Subcommander Selok)
Alan Scarfe (Admiral Mendak)
April Grace (Transporter Chief Hubbell)
Shelly Desai (V'Sal)
- Data narrates his activities to Commander Bruce Maddox, who tried to have him disassembled for study in "The Measure of a Man".
- This episode introduces Keiko O'Brien, who becomes a recurring character on TNG, then DS9.
- This is the first episode we actually see the arboretum (it was previously mentioned several times). Being a botanist, Keiko works in the arboretum. The arboretum is located on Deck 17, Section 21 Alpha.
- This episode introduces Data's cat, Spot, who would appear again later in the fourth and sixth seasons.
- This episode marks the first appearance of the ship's salon and the Bolian barber.
- T'Pel is a Romulan spy, who is later referenced by Admiral Satie in "Drumhead".
- Gates McFadden was a choreographer for the Muppets.