Star Trek: The Next Generation
“The Naked Now”
|Episode Number||3 (1.03)|
|Teleplay||John D.F. Black and J. Michael Bingham|
While investigating a distress signal from the U.S.S. Tsiolkovsky, the crew is affected by the same "intoxicating" contaminant as the old Enterprise, the PSI 2000 Virus.Guest Cast
Brooke Bundy (Lt. Cmdr. Sarah MacDougal, Chief Engineer)
Benjamin Lum (Jim Shimoda, Asst. Chief Engineer)
Michael Rider (Transporter Chief)
- Data and Tasha become "intimate" during this episode.
- Chief Engineer MacDougal appears only in this episode...probably relieved of duty because she let Wesley The Boy take control of Engineering :-)
- This episode was supposed to be a homage to the original series episode "The Naked Time" (also written by John Black), but most people viewed it as a rip-off of the original series.
- The U.S.S. Tsiolkovsky NCC-35911 (an Oberth-class starship) is named for Soviet cosmonaut Konstantin Tsiolkovsky. It is a re-use of the U.S.S. Grissom model from Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.
- Troi changes from the mini-skirt uniform to a tight one-piece suit with her hair up in a bun. She won't be seen in a Starfleet uniform until Season 6's "Chain of Command".