Star Trek: Picard
“Stardust City Rag”
|Episode Number||5 (1.05)|
La Sirena's crew begins an unpredictable and lively expedition on Freecloud to search for Bruce Maddox. When they learn that Maddox has found himself in a precarious situation, a familiar face offers her assistance.Starring
Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard)
Alison Pill (Dr. Agnes Jurati)
Evan Evagora (Elnor)
Michelle Hurd (Raffi Musiker)
Santiago Cabrera (Cristóbal Rios)
Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine)Guest Cast
Dominic Burgess (Mr. Vup)
Necar Zadegan (Bjayzl)
John Ales (Dr. Bruce Maddox)
Mason Gooding (Gabriel Hwang)
Landry Allbright (Chop Doc)
Kay Bess (La Sirena computer)
Ayushi Chhabra (Pel)
Casey Childs (Nightbox Piano Player)
Casey King (Icheb)
Sam Marra (Bartender)
- The episode opens 13 years ago (in 2386) with the torture and subsequent death of Icheb.
- Icheb last appeared in the Voyager series finale "Endgame". He began his Starfleet Academy training in the episode "Imperfection", returned to the Alpha Quadrant with Voyager, completed his Starfleet training and was posted to the U.S.S. Coleman as a science officer.
- Bjayzl and her crew butcher Borg and sell their parts on the black market. She used a fake friendship with Seven to learn about the Borg, and this is how she found out about Icheb. Bjayzl's "Chop Doc" can't find Icheb's cortical node. This is because he removed his cortical node to save Seven in the episode "Imperfection".
- Bruce Maddox finally makes his appearance, portrayed by John Ales. He originally appeared in the TNG episode "The Measure of a Man", but was played by Brian Brophy.
- Seven has been working with the Fenris Rangers. Based on the planet Fenris near the Federation/Romulan border, the rangers try to keep order in the region after the collapse of the Romulan Neutral Zone. The Federation considers the rangers to be vigilantes.
- Raffi's reason for travelling to Freecloud was to meet with Gabriel Hwang, who is her estranged son.
- Isa Briones (Soji) and Harry Treadaway (Narek) do not appear in this episodes, nor do they appear in the opening credits.
- Icheb is portrayed by Casey King in this episode. During the run of Voyager, Icheb was played by Manu Intiraymi. (An adult Icheb was portrayed by Mark Bennington in the episode "Shattered".)