Star Trek: The Next Generation
“Gambit, Part II”
|Episode Number||157 (7.05)|
|Teleplay||Ronald D. Moore|
Picard and Riker, having ingratiated themselves with the mercenaries, seek to drive them to mutiny to learn the true nature of the mysterious Vulcan artifacts they seek.Guest Cast
Richard Lynch (Baran)
Robin Curtis (Tallera)
Caitlin Brown (Vekor)
Cameron Thor (Narik)
James Worthy (Koral)
Sabrina Le Beauf (Ensign Giusti)
Martin Goslins (Minister Satok)
- Picard is using the alias "Galen", after his archaeolgy professor Richard Galen ("The Chase").
- Picard states that Vulcan is one of the Federations founding members.
- Tallera is actually a Vulcan. She claims to be T'Paal, a member of the V'Shan, the Vulcan Security agency. She is actually a member of a group of Vulcan isolationists who want the psionic resonator, a weapon that magnifies violent thoughts. After the Vulcans embraced logic, the weapon was useless.
- The tall Klingon Koral is played by James Worthy, a professional basketball player for the L.A. Lakers.
- This two-parter should have been consolidated into one bad episode instead of two.