Star Trek: The Next Generation
“Redemption, Part I”
|Episode Number||100 (4.26)|
|Teleplay||Ronald D. Moore|
The Enterprise travels to the Klingon home world to install Gowron as leader of the Klingon High Council. When the sisters of Duras, Lursa and B'Etor, challenge his leadership, Worf resigns his commission in Starfleet to join the Klingons, as civil war is imminent.Guest Cast
Whoopi Goldberg (Guinan)
Robert O'Reilly (Chancellor Gowron)
Tony Todd (Captain Kurn)
Barbara March (Lursa)
Gwynyth Walsh (B'Etor)
Ben Slack (K'tal)
Nicholas Kepros (Romulan General Movar)
J.D. Cullum (Toral)
Tom Ormeny (Klingon First Officer)
Majel Barrett (Computer Voice)
Denise Crosby (Romulan Commander Sela)
- This episode is a continuation of the storyline from "Reunion".
- Toral is Duras' bastard son. The sisters of Duras challenge Gowron's installation. As Arbiter of Succession, Picard rejects his claim.
- Gowron's flagship is the I.K.C. Bortas, a Vor'cha-class attack cruiser.
- After the installation ceremony, Gowron restores Worf's family's honor.
- Troi, Crusher, and La Forge do not appear in this episode, save Worf's departure scene; they have no speaking lines.
- The Romulan Commander looks suspiciously like Tasha Yar!
- To be continued...