Star Trek: Picard
“Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 1”
|Episode Number||9 (1.09)|
|Story||Michael Chabon & Ayelet Waldman & Akiva Goldsman|
|Teleplay||Michael Chabon & Ayelet Waldman|
Following an unconventional and dangerous transit, Picard and the crew finally arrive at Soji's home world, Coppelius. However, with Romulan warbirds on their tail, their arrival brings only greater danger as the crew discovers more than expected about the planet's inhabitants.Starring
Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard)
Alison Pill (Dr. Agnes Jurati)
Isa Briones (Dr. Soji Asha)
Evan Evagora (Elnor)
Michelle Hurd (Raffi Musiker)
Santiago Cabrera (Cristóbal Rios)
Harry Treadaway (Narek)
Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine)
Brent Spiner (Dr. Altan Inigo Soong)
Tamlyn Tomita (Commodore Oh)Co-Starring
Brian DeRozan (Romulan Officer)
Matt Perfetuo (Rune)
Mike Perfetuo (Codex)
Jade Ramsey (Arcana)
Nikita Ramsey (Saga)
Zachary James Rukavina (xB/Nameless)
- Brent Spiner (Dr. Altan Inigo Soong) is credited as a special guest star in the opening credits.
- Alton Soong is the son of Dr. Noonian Soong, the creator of Data. He, with Bruce Maddox, created the first androids on Coppelius.
- Isa Briones also appears as the android Sutra, who resembles Soji — but with Data's skin and eye coloring. Sutra mind melds with Agnes to retrieve the images of the Admonition, given to her by Commodore Oh.
- The Admonition is a message from synthetic lifeforms who became sentient and overthrew their creators. Encoded in the message is a beacon for other synthetics to call for help to create an alliance… and to destroy all organic life.
- Coppelius is Ghulion IV, located in the Vayt sector.
- The episode ends on a cliffhanger, with Commodore Oh leading a fleet of 218 Romulan warbirds to Cappelius.