Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
|Episode Number||46 (2.26)|
|Teleplay||Ira Steven Behr|
During a trip to the Gamma Quadrant with Jake and Nog, Sisko and Quark are imprisoned by Jem'Hadar soldiers working for a mysterious power known as The Dominion. Starfleet sends the Galaxy-class starship U.S.S. Odyssey to investigate the Jem'Hadar threat.Guest Cast
Aron Eisenberg (Nog)
Molly Hagan (Eris)
Cress Williams (Talak'talan)
Alan Oppenheimer (Captain Keogh)
Michael Jace (Odyssey 1st Officer)
Sandra Grando (Odyssey 2nd Officer)
- This episode introduces the Jem'Hadar and the Vorta. The Jem'Hadar are the Dominion's genetically engineered warriors. The Vorta's homeworld is Kurill Prime.
- This is the only episode where a Vorta uses psychokenisis. Eris also doesn't recognize Odo as one of the Founders.
- The U.S.S. Odyssey NCC-71832 is the third Galaxy-class starship we've seen (the others are the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D and the U.S.S. Yamato NCC-71801). The Jem'Hadar destroy the Odyssey. Starfleet should have sent the Enterprise :)
- The Bajoran outpost in the Gamma Quadrant called "New Bajor" was destroyed by the Jem'Hadar.
- This episode was nominated for an Emmy for "Outstanding Individual Achievement in Special Visual Effects" (It lost to Voyager's pilot episode, "Caretaker".)
- Rule of Acquisition #102: "Nature decays. Latinum lasts forever."