Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
“The Maquis, Part I”
|Episode Number||40 (2.20)|
|Teleplay||Rick Berman & Michael Piller|
When the Cardassian vessel Bok'Nor explodes after departing Deep Space 9, Gul Dukat comes to the station to help Commander Sisko investigate. Sisko uncovers a Federation terrorist group whose actions could start another war with the Cardassians.Guest Cast
Bernie Casey (Cmdr. Calvin Hudson)
Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat)
Richard Poe (Gul Evek)
Tony Plana (Amaros)
Bertila Damas (Sakonna)
Michael A. Krawic (Samuels)
Amanda Carlin (Kobb)
Michael Rose (Niles)
- Cmdr. Hudson is the attaché to the Federation colonies in the Demilitarized Zone (the "DMZ").
- Gul Evek is the attaché to the Cardassian colonies in the DMZ. Gul Dukat is the Commander of the Second Order.
- The Maquis are former Federation colonists whose planets now lie in the DMZ, created by the Federation-Cardassian Treaty of 2370. The DMZ is a buffer between Federation and Cardassian space. (See The Next Generation 7th season episode "Journey's End", which took place about a month before this episode).
- The Maquis are hiding in the Badlands, an area near the Federation-Cardassian border plagued by severe plasma storms. (See also Voyager premiere "Caretaker".)
- The close captioning in this episode refers to Commander Hudson as Lieutenant Hudson.